04 January 2007

Christmas Eve Wedding


I was fortunate enough to be invited to my boss's 'kekkonshiki' (wedding) which was the first time I ever attended a Japanese weddding. Even though it was western style for the most part, the cuisine and a lot of the details of the ceremony had touches of Japanese traditon to them. There was a small chapel service and then the reception was held at the Teikoku Hotel which is right next to the Koukyo (emperor's palace). It's a very ritzy place for weddings and everything was 5-star for sure. I had to make a short toast as i accepted a gift (as no surprise, there is lots of gift-giving in all directions) so I made it short and sweet. I felt very honored to be included as i was the only gaijin there. Some pics are of the bride and groom, as well as myself with some of my coworkers. Kampai! (Cheers!)