21 September 2006

Well, I made it ...

After a crazy last few days selling my stuff, cleaning, packing, and saying farewells, I was finally at the airport ready to go. My one bag was 30 lbs over the limit and would have been an extra *drumroll* $300! I was able to get it down to 20lbs over and it was only $25 more (go figure). I always dreaded being oneof those people at checkin with their bags open and clothes and underwear strewn about, but now I know the honor..lol. Flight was great but long, of course. After the 14 hours in the air, I then had a 2 hour bus ride to Tokyo (Narita airport is actually not in Tokyo) and then a short taxi ride from the station to my new office. I was really tired but just to finally be there. After meeting my boss and new coworkers, I got to see the new office. Pretty cool environment and everyone is being really helpful. After that, they took me out for dinner and sake. Food was great and it was a lot of fun. Then, my boss took me to my temporary apartment, which is conveniently located close to the office. It's very small compared to my apt in philly, but surprisingly I don't mind it so much. It's clean and has TV, sofa and bed, washing machine plus a balcony. It's only for one month anyway.